Tuesday 6 March 2012

Hissing to Myself

I have created a vision in my mind of what I want "future-me" to be like, in around 2-3 years from now. It's my beacon, something to guide me out of this dull boring funk that I find myself in. In order to really become "future me", I have to write and publish my first book. I know what it's going to be about, and I am really excited about it.

Unfortunately however, I am the type of person who - upon deciding to do something different - immediately starts having clattering, self-destructive doubts. (I hiss to myself: "who the hell do you think you are, you can never do that, it's too competitive, it's too hard, you haven't got time, just stop trying to do anything interesting or cool, you idiot", and other such charming, helpful thoughts.)

So I've ordered a book from Amazon, called "How to Write a Non-Fiction Book in 60 Days" or something like that, to help keep me on the right path.

Job's as good as done, I reckon.

2 comments:

  1. You sound a bit like me........ talking yourself out of things.
    I think you should go for the book but 60 days...... maybe don't put a dead line to it.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice idea. thanks and good luck

    ReplyDelete